The secret to a fantastic sex life is being able to spice things up and try new, fun, adventurous things spontaneously. Something to easily spice up your sexy times with your partner is to move out of the bedroom! Whether you literally have sex outside, or just move to another room of the house, moving out of the bedroom can make your routine play time something passionate and new all over again. Changing up the location can bring thrill back into the act. Regardless of how large your home is, you can always move to the kitchen or living area. However, if you’re feeling truly adventurous, taking it up a notch to outdoor sex can really get you going.
So you want to have outdoor sex?
Sex in public is very tabboo, but also very exciting. In many countries the laws criminalize public sex (Learn about the laws and know your rights!). Some people get off simply at the thought of getting caught, or watched by strangers, while others enjoy the secretiveness and having to figure out where to do it, and be super careful and quiet. If you want to try this out, we have a few tips and tricks for having fun while staying safe. Read on!
Fun Places to have sex outside of the bedroom
We’ve all tried sex in the kitchen at one point or another – but if you haven’t, nows your chance. Whether you decide to have sex on the countertop, the floor, or against the fridge, the kitchen can be an exciting new place to get it on.
Having sex either in the bathtub or shower is another exciting and easy way to change it up from the bedroom. However, be extra careful so that you don’t slip! Also, don’t forget lube. Water and water based lubricants are two completely different things.
Remember high school days, where having sex in the back of the car was essentially a right of passage? If you missed out, now is an easy time to get it knocked off your bucket list. If you have a sun shade in your car, this is a great time to make use of it. Bring a towel, find a secluded space, and have fun!
Now we get to the risker, outside sex locations. The park can be a lot of fun, but you want to be sure you know when and where you should go where there won’t be a lot of people–if you can do it at night and ensure you’re safe, that’s even better! Choose a spot where you can’t be seen, and that’s more secluded.
Taking it back to your house- if you have a backyard, why not do a “glamping” trip? Grab a tent (or not) and set up your backyard! This is a fun way to spice it up but risk a little less. Nosey neighbours? That’s what the tent is for. If you live in an area without neighbours, just throw a blanket down and go at it. Just watch out for ant hills.
When we think about outdoor sex, the woods is probably one of the first places that comes to mind. If you do live near the woods, this is the perfect option to take your car (as mentioned above). However, you can also have fun in the woods without a car. Bring bug spray, a blanket, and make sure you know what poison ivy looks like! You don’t want to have that rubbing all over your body.
Sex in the pool is just like being in the shower – that water can dry you out! Be sure to use a silicone based lubricant to keep it nice and wet. We wouldn’t usually recommend a public pool, just due to germs and cleanliness. Try and keep it to your home if you have one.
Positions for Sex in New Locations
You might want to switch up your positions if you’re not in the bedroom. It’s important to adapt to new places! Check out some new positions below that you can try both in and out of the bedroom.
- You and your partner sit facing one another with your legs and arms wrapped around each other
- Have your partner sit with their legs crossed on the bed (or wherever you decide to get it on). Face your partner, sit as close as you can to them and wrap your legs around their midriff. Your partner should tuck their legs under you. After, wrap your arms around each other in an embrace, like a hug.
- This position offers deeper penetration
- Bending forward and receiving penetration from the back is the name of the game here. This position can easily adapt to many different scenarios and places.
- Classic doggy style position entails you or your partner getting on all fours, with your sex partner behind you and on their knees, penetrating you from the back.
Safety Tips for Sex Outside the Bedroom
- Always use protection! It’s important to keep condoms on you, regardless of where you decide to have sex. Safety should be your top priority.
- Make sure that items that could fall or harm you are out of the way. If you’re in the kitchen, keep away from the stove, where you could potentially burn yourself.
- If you’re having sex outdoors with someone you just met, make sure you let someone you trust know where you are. You don’t want a casual hookup to turn in to the last time you’re heard from. And be sure to use a condom!
- Choose the location carefully and wisely. The laws regarding public sex are different everywhere, but be aware and informed. You want to avoid the possibility of going to jail over a fun romp!
Don’t be afraid to explore your sexuality, spice things up, and have fun. Tell us below – where is the most risky place you’ve ever gotten it on?