Does the idea of dressing up as a horse and rejoicing in training a human being like an equine sound enticing to you?
After all, the two complement each other quite well, or so you will soon come to find out.
Welcome to pony play, enthusiasts!
What is Pony Play?
Ponyboy literally translates to the ‘horse man’.
The submissive serves as a horse so that his Mistress can ride at will. Once the woman has climbed on top of him, the man stands on his knees to step himself forward.
And yes, this can, of course, be done with a submissive (ponygirl).
The sensations for the Pony are diverse:
Exhibition (the pleasure of being seen in beautiful outfits)
Bondage (various ties and shackles)
Sexual (clamps placed on the breasts and ponytail plug)
Submission (the fact of serve and be led). It gets a bit more BDSM when the Master or Mistress decides to whip them.
Pony or driver, as the two maintain very different sexual idiosyncracies, you just have to know which side of the bit you want to position yourself on.
The ponygirl undergoes a natural metamorphosis from a human to a trained animal. The driver is her stage master who will train her and lead her. This mixed activity also concerns men.
Most often represented by a horse or pony “costume”, it is not uncommon to also meet elks, wolves, and even dogs that bear the nickname of pet girl!
From a material and costume point of view, it ranges from simple to very sophisticated. There are matching hoods that hide the entire face except for the eyes, mouth, and nose as an example.
The head harness allows you to better fix the bit and place a feather or a pretty ponytail on the head. The body harness offers support options for accessories such as the ponytail plug (inserted into the anus) and wrist restraints.
Some harnesses (head and body) have fixings to keep the head up, and they sometimes add nipple clamps. They are really painful, a pain of which many enjoy, and when the Pony turns its head the clamps pull naughtily on the nipples.
The rules for pony play are as follows:
- Animals do not use hands, and in all situations, the hands should be tied at chest height or along the body as appropriate. Under no circumstances is it permitted to use your hands unless the coach has given express permission.
- Animals do not have the gift of speech. The only way a pony can express him/herself is through gestures and sounds. In no case is it permitted to express oneself by speaking unless the coach expressly authorizes this.
- 3. Animals do not have the same reactions as humans to what is going on around them. Therefore, during training, your goal is to learn to behave like an animal.
- Conventions for expressing oneself. To facilitate the interaction between pony-girl and trainers, there are a few simple standard conventions that apply throughout the pony world (also in reality):
1) to answer yes, the foot (the hoof) hits the ground suddenly
2) to answer no, the foot (the hoof) hits the ground twice.
3) To greet a newcomer or greet him when he/she leaves, the Pony leans sharply in the person’s direction. It is excluded to say goodbye with the word or a gesture of the hand.
- Animals do not know how to dress or undress independently. Under no circumstances during dressage is it permitted to put on or change clothing unless the trainer expressly authorizes this.
- The necessary equipment for training a pony-girl has a significant aesthetic component. Pony-girls must be beautiful and perfect in their appearance or in their movements. For these reasons, it is advisable to obtain essential equipment and to set “operating rules”.
1) Equipment includes: boots, bit, reins, bells and other decorations.
2) For good interaction and convenience, it is recommended that you use code that includes all the main actions and phrases of a pony, without having to write a word.
- The Pony may be looked after by other trainers. For this reason, it is preferable to have collars that are not locked.
- The ponies don’t ask to defecate. As part of a training, the pony girl may relieve herself during the session. Likewise, if it is tied in the stall overnight, the straw will absorb the liquid, which will be washed the next day.
Whether you use your Pony as a workhorse or for horseback riding or for shows, you need to work on endurance and balance first.
If you dress him in a complete fetish outfit, he should get used to it because he will get hot very quickly. He will also need to get used to having his arms restricted.
In the beginning, you must learn to walk your Pony by raising the knees; the upper part of the leg must be perpendicular to the ground. This is the basis for any type of Pony, however, it is more complicated than it looks.
Good shoes are essential! Start with flat shoes or boots. When your Pony is more comfortable with his shoes, clothing, and orders, you can start backing up, trotting, galloping.
Before playing, your Pony can do stretching and warming up or yoga exercises that are important before engaging in any type of strenuous physical activity. In addition, exercises involving better oxygen and heart rate management are recommended twice a week (20 minutes).
I strongly recommend that anyone who wants to become a pony slave to practice sport or physical fitness at the same time, in order to avoid any muscle problems and thus better develop their endurance.
The Master can also plan a nutritional program according to the seasons, which will help keep the pony slave in shape.
How to get started with pony play for those who have never tried something like this?
Do not rush. Do some research first to find out what practices exist, what interests you, and how to safely get started in these kinds of activities.
For many people, talking about sex or other erotic matters is embarrassing. This sometimes causes great unease. But there is no way to safely practice pony play without having an honest adult conversation with your partner(s).
“You have to be able to speak without embarrassment before you start,” insists sex therapist and psychotherapist David Ortmann. “It sounds easy, but our society still struggles to talk about sex directly. It is, therefore, necessary to work on communication first. We must talk to our partners about our experience or our lack of experience, our desires, our fantasies and the little chills of fear that increase their attraction tenfold, but also our very real fears relating to security, negotiation terms of the contract, and respect for limits and consent. If you or your partner is having a hard time having this kind of conversation, you are probably not ready for pony play. “If you can’t talk about sex, you can’t ask your partner for consent or give yours,” says Ortmann.
Go step by step, without rushing.
It’s okay to dip only one toe in the deep end of pony play first… Sometimes too many accessories and new things can lead to a feeling of confusion and disappointment.
Don’t forget the “aftercare.”
In the Pony play and BDSM world in general, “aftercare” is the physical or moral comfort and the little attentions exchanged between partners after an intense sexual experience. This could mean offering a glass of water, something to snack on, or just tender words. It can also include treating cuts or any other injury to your partner.
In conclusion, Pony Play has been interpreted and translated into art in many different ways. From Frédéric Nietzsche, passing through the Burlesque theater of the 1950s, to the avant-garde aesthetic aspects as seen in the works of Steven Klein and Alexander McQueen.
In Pony Play, the sexual tension in this game rarely involves regular sex. Instead, the erotic and powerful aspect of Pony Play comes from the fantasy of being under the control of the Dominant.
It should be noted that many human ponies and their riders are in a romantic, emotional, and/or sexual relationship outside of Pony Play (although others only know each other in the context of Pony Play).
For many, Pony Play is all about escaping the surroundings of everyday life.
Now it’s up to you. Try carrying a tail if you feel like it, find out how it transforms you, and if you like the feeling. The experience is easy and rewarding.
I invite anyone interested in Pony Play to comment on the article and don’t be shy!