Morning sex is not always our go-to sexual activity. Some people feel self-conscious about the way they look in the morning and avoid a morning romp at all costs. But did you know that your partner probably finds you the most attractive in the morning? Couple that with a man being the horniest in the morning, and you are onto a winner.
And women can also feel pretty randy in the mornings too. The special thing about morning sex is that we’re not quite awake yet, meaning that we can just go with our cavepeople instincts. With our lives being so busy these days, it’s hard to shut our brains up even while having sex. In the mornings, we’re de-stressed and not thinking about anything. So make the most of the mornings and have the best morning sex of your life with our guide.
Reasons to Have Morning Sex
Not that we have to give you a reason but, without further ado, here are our main reasons to have morning sex:
- You start your day off with a bang (literally): Nothing kicks off our endorphins more than some sexual pleasure and maybe even an orgasm if you’re lucky! So having sex in the morning is the way to go if you want to start your day off with some feel-good vibes.
- Your body is starting from 100%: Sure, some of you might need your morning coffee to kick in before you become your best selves. But, aside from feeling awake, your body is essentially starting from a full battery in the morning. You have hopefully slept a few hours and recharged; any food you ate the day before is digested, leaving you ready to perform minus the bloat. Plus, you’re already naked or half-dressed. You are in a prime position to have sex, my friend.
- Men are horniest in the morning: If you are with a man, you are in luck. A man’s testosterone levels are at their highest in the morning, and this could cause him to get a hard-on. Another reason for ‘morning wood’ could also be due to the parasympathetic nervous system, which is the opposite of his sympathetic nervous system (his fight or flight response). The parasympathetic nervous system runs in the background while he sleeps and is in control of bodily functions like digestion, getting rid of waste, and sexual arousal. Because this runs while your man sleeps, this could cause him to get an erection. But here’s some news; an erection won’t just happen in the morning. Oh no, no, no. This parasympathetic nervous system could make your man’s penis go hard and flaccid again several times in the night! Maybe we just notice it more in the morning when our alarm for work goes off…
- You get your heart rate going: If you can’t face a morning run or gym session, just have morning sex! Okay, you’re not going to burn that many calories, but sex can definitely get your heart pumping. And that’s always a good thing!
- Morning sex offers time to connect to your partner: Morning sex is most probably more popular with couples at the weekend. You don’t have to go anywhere, you can laze around in bed… but don’t forget that you can have morning sex before your eight hours at the office Monday through Friday. During the week, it’s easy to fall into such a busy routine that we hardly notice our partners. Having a little sex in the morning gives you a few precious moments to connect to your boo before you go out to work. If you arrive at the office feeling all warm and fuzzy, you’ve done it right.
How to Have the Best Morning Sex of your Life
- Don’t think about it too much: The best thing about morning sex is that our brains aren’t fully awake yet, so we get to just go with our instincts. Sometimes you might find that you start engaging in sex before you’ve fully opened your eyes! The best things in life happen when you’re not thinking. So don’t think, just do.
- Set your alarm at least half an hour early during workdays: Nobody likes to feel rushed when having sex, so instead of having mediocre sex and rushing out to work with half a face of makeup on, set your alarm at least half an hour early so you can dedicate that time to some one-on-one time with your lover.
- Turn off your alarms and put your phone on silent: I don’t know about you, but I set HUNDREDS of alarms in the morning because I need a gun to be held to my head to actually make me get out of bed. So I set at least ten alarms. If this is you, once you wake up, turn off all of these alarms before engaging in sex with your partner. There’s nothing more annoying than being right in the middle of some sexy action and your iPhone yelling at you from the nightstand where you can’t reach it. Turn it off before if you want to enjoy morning sex. Turn your phone on silent, too, if you tend to get a lot of phone calls in the morning.
- Initiate! It’s typical that a man might start suggesting things to you with his penis –IYKYK–in the morning via the slight poke of his penis into your back or stomach. But if he’s still snoozing away and you’re awake and ready to go, wanna know the best trick? Crack out a vibrator. The sound of your vibrating toy will eventually wake him up, he’ll potentially already have an erection, plus you’ll be turning him on more with a live show. Trust me, I’ve done this trick a few times with my man… and it works every dang time!
- Mutual masturbation: Who says you need to have penetration to have morning sex? If you’re not feeling it, just flick your bits together and make out. Mutual masturbation can be equally as hot as having full-on penetrative sex.
- Just have fun: You don’t need to crack out the bondage gear and intricate sex toys for morning sex – though you can if you want to, of course! Morning sex is all about just going with your instincts and having fun. You don’t even have to have full-on sex. Just do what makes you and your partner feel good. It could even just be one long makeout session. Whatever you want.
- Better without condoms, but use them if you don’t use any other birth control: I’m all for sexual health and being safe. However, if you can and if you want to, try to opt for another type of birth control that will prevent you from dealing with condoms in the morning. It can make a guy think real hard at 6AM. But if you are not on any other form of birth control or you don’t know your partner’s STI status, please, always use a condom.
So there you have it. Follow the tips above, and you will be well on your way to having the best morning sex of your life. And by the time you’re done, you will not be worrying about what your tummy, boobs, or hair looked like while doing it.